Each season, hundreds of students participate in the many summer programs of Trollwood. We hope you will have fun in a relaxed, outdoor atmosphere, learning alongside other students of your age and skill level, under the direction of professional artists and teachers. To help you make the most of your Trollwood experience, we offer several services to enhance your learning opportunities, and we surround you with a support staff of caring individuals who truly want you to have the best experience possible with us!
To find out more information on how we can help you, click on the following: Transportation and Lunches on the tabs on the side. Trollwood does not provide housing for students at this time.
June through August, our Receptionist is located in the Marcil Commons, and is ready to help with attendance, enrollment, and will connect you with additional Trollwood staff as needed.
If students are in need of more involved guidance, our Student Services staff, also in the Marcil Commons during summer months, are available to help with student issues. Our Student Services staff will help you find the resources to cope with whatever challenges you may be facing.
The Trollwood Program Coordinator is available year-round to parents and students who have additional questions about placement, study tracks and levels, or instructional concerns. It is our goal to provide all students with the best possible learning atmosphere and quality of instruction. Contact Nancy Glaser, Program & Volunteer Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-477-6513.
During the month of June, Trollwood will offer bus transportation to Trollwood Performing Arts School from various pickup points in Fargo, West Fargo, and Moorhead and back again. Routes will run prior to 8:50 am and again after 3:40 pm, allowing you to participate in a full day of programming at Trollwood.
For just $90.00, you may ride the bus both ways, only one way, or switch it up from day to day! Just be sure to let us know if you are taking alternate transportation! Routes will operate from June 7 – 30 for 2021.
Pick-up/Drop-off Locations and Times: Bus pick-up/drop-off locations and times are listed below:
Lunch is available at Trollwood during June 7 – 30, Monday-Friday, at the Gallery Cafe. Meal will include choice of entree, side, vegetable or fruit and a beverage.
Best Deal! 18 Meal Plan: Punch card entitles you to lunch every day, Just $5.00 for each lunch, $90.00 (18 lunches total). This plan offers the greatest savings, too!
9 Meal Plan: Purchase a punch card that entitles you to lunch half of the days and eat on the days of your choosing. Just $5.55 for each lunch, $50.00 total for 9 lunches.
Click here for the Gallery Cafe form and menu!
Trollwood Performing Arts School is committed to safety and will monitor COVID-19 guidelines. Trollwood reserves the right to alter or cancel programming if deemed necessary. In the event of cancellation due to COVID-19, Trollwood will refund program registration fees. Otherwise, all registration fees are non-refundable.
May 14, 2021 for ArtSpark June, Mainstage Musical, Totally Trollwood Academy, Trollwood Academy, Trollwood Conservatory; June 18, 2021 for ArtSpark July, Trollwood Players, and Totally Trollwood Musical. A $25 late fee will be assessed on all registrations received after these dates.
Registrations are entered on a first come, first served basis. Class and program sizes are limited, so sign up early to secure your spot. To register, click here for the 2021 Summer Registration Form. Preliminary class schedules and program orientation materials will be mailed out to all registrants prior to appropriate program start date.
The Trollwood Performing Arts School summer session is an intense, immersion learning environment. Therefore, the following policies apply:
- All students enrolled in Totally Trollwood Academy, Trollwood Academy, Mainstage Musical, Trollwood Players and Trollwood Conservatory Sessions must participate in Orientation on June 7, 2021. Location TBD.
- Students must attend all classes and each rehearsal in which they are enrolled.
- Trollwood classes and rehearsals begin promptly as stated at the dates and times indicated. Tardiness is not allowed. Report to all classes and rehearsals at the start of the period/session ready to participate.
- Do not arrive at your classroom more than 10 minutes prior to class time.
- Trollwood staff will be on site from 8:00 am- 4:00 pm. Students in Totally Trollwood Academy, and Trollwood Academy should not be dropped off earlier than 8:00 am or picked up later than 4:00 pm unless prior arrangements have been made with the Student Services Advisor.
- If you are registered for bus service, you should arrive at your bus stop 5 minutes early. The bus will not wait beyond the scheduled times. Please contact Student Services any time you plan to take other transportation.
- In the event of illness, please stay at home and recuperate. A parent or guardian must notify the Trollwood Receptionist prior to your scheduled program daily start time. The Receptionist can be reached at 218.477.6560.
- All other absences must be reported to the Receptionist by a parent/guardian prior to the absence in order for it to be classified as “excused.” Please schedule all appointments (doctor, dental, etc.) at times when you are not enrolled in classes or rehearsal/construction.
- Excessive absences may warrant dismissal from Trollwood. If you have a conflict that would cause you to miss more than 3 days of classes or rehearsals, please contact the Program Coordinator to discuss options.
- Trollwood classes will be held rain or shine. On rainy days, please come to Trollwood and if you have an alternate class location it will be posted in the Main Lobby.
TROLLWOOD ACADEMY AND TOTALLY TROLLWOOD ACADEMY COURSE DROP/ADDS:
- Registrations are entered on a first come, first served basis, so you may have been assigned your second or third choice for classes if your first choice was filled at the time of registration.
- Changes in schedule can only be initiated by obtaining permission from instructors and Program Coordinator. Please see Receptionist for information on class availability if a change is needed.
All Trollwood students taking classes receive final grades for their participation in Trollwood classes and programs as well as written evaluations, which can be valuable tools for students pursuing further study in the arts. Trollwood instructors use a universal grading system to provide the fairest form of evaluation while creating a positive learning environment. Grades are based upon the student’s individual experience level, ability and growth, and on the following criteria: attendance, participation, cooperation, respect towards peers and teachers, skill development and willingness to learn/try new things.
Students are expected to comply with standards of behavior deemed acceptable by Fargo Public Schools. No smoking, drinking, use of drugs, stealing, bullying, or profane language will be tolerated during Trollwood activities.