Seasonal Custodial and Groundskeeping Assistant
Trollwood Performing Arts School at Bluestem Center for the Arts is seeking a reliable and hardworking individual to fill the position of Seasonal Custodial and Groundskeeping Assistant. This position will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of our facilities and the upkeep of our grounds during the busy summer season. Trollwood is a program of Fargo Public Schools.
Dates: Early to mid-May through mid-to-end of August; after August, possible part-time opportunities through the fall.
Hourly Wage: $14.50 per hour
- Perform custodial duties such as cleaning and sanitizing restrooms, break rooms, and other common areas
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum floors, and empty trash and recycling bins
- Dust and wipe down surfaces and fixtures
- Assist with setting up and taking down tables and chairs for events
- Keep the grounds tidy by mowing lawns, trimming, and weeding flowerbeds
- Water plants and trees as needed
- Operate and maintain equipment such as mowers, trimmers, and leaf blowers
- Follow safety procedures and maintain a clean and organized work environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in custodial or groundskeeping work preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment safely and effectively
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Physical stamina to stand, walk, lift, and bend for extended periods of time
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Flexible schedule, including some weekends, evenings, and holidays, as needed
This is a seasonal position that will last from early to mid-May through early to mid-August. The ideal candidate will be available to work a full-time schedule, including evenings some weekends, and holidays, as needed. If you enjoy working outdoors and take pride in keeping facilities and grounds clean and well-maintained, we encourage you to apply for this position.
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 references (please include phone number and email address) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, email or call 218-477-6500. For more detailed information about Trollwood Performing Arts School, go to www.trollwood.org/jobs/.