THE TROLLWOOD STUDENT LEADERSHIP PROGRAM PROVIDES TALENTED YOUNG ADULTS WITH:
- individual guidance from professionals in their arts discipline
- practical leadership training
- strengthened arts skills and knowledge
- insights into the life of a professional artist/theatre technician/arts administrator
- opportunity to demonstrate responsibility and earn respect of peers and mentors
- opportunity to mentor others students at Trollwood
- development of communication and problem-solving skills
- support in setting goals and planning to meet objectives
- mentorship throughout the creative process of creating a theatrical production
- excellent contacts in the professional arts world
- If granted a Student Leadership position, you will receive a $100 total refund off of Summer Programming registration fees.
WHAT IS STUDENT LEADERSHIP?
Student Leaders serve as assistants to a designated member of the Trollwood artistic, technical, teaching or administrative teams for the Mainstage Musical, Totally Trollwood Musical, Trollwood Academy, Totally Trollwood Academy, Trollwood Players or ArtSpark. They gain insight about their chosen art form through personal training and hands-on experience. In addition they learn to apply leadership skills through supervising daily rehearsals/construction sessions and guiding student groups. Student Leaders for the Totally Trollwood Academy, Totally Trollwood Musical and ArtSpark programs also serve as mentors to the younger students.
WHO CAN BE A PART OF THE STUDENT LEADER PROGRAM?
Any high school student who has been at Trollwood for at least two years, and/or is a junior or senior, is eligible to apply.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO I NEED TO HAVE TO BE SELECTED?
- a solid knowledge base of the discipline for which you are applying
- a demonstrated ability to work as a team player
- positive leadership attributes in your previous work
- a solid work ethic
- a true love of working in the arts
There are still a few areas looking for a Student Leader. Please email Ebony Sampson, Student Services Advisor, at email@example.com if you are interested in applying!