Trollwood believes that the arts have the power to transform people’s lives — to open them to the greatness that lies within them and in others.
Our primary goal is to develop and deliver the highest standard of performing arts education, which provides young people with the knowledge and skills they need to be successful in future endeavors.
Underlying this performing arts curriculum is a commitment to instill lifeskills: confidence, creativity, communication skills, collaboration skills, citizenship and character.
In the course of serving young people, Trollwood realizes a second goal of providing high quality entertainment. Hundreds of thousands of people have enjoyed performances by Trollwood Performing Arts School since its inception.
In order to accomplish this mission, Trollwood Performing Arts School:
- Provides intense, quality learning and performing opportunities in the production and performing arts.
- Provides an atmosphere where young people are encouraged to set goals, take risks and view mistakes as an avenue for learning.
- Surrounds students with a staff of professional artists who serve as mentors and teachers, encouraging our students to commit to a high level of self-expectation.
- Creates an awareness that the arts are a constructive vehicle of personal expression.
- Demonstrates to the public the high level of performing and production arts skills that the students are capable of achieving when given proper training.