Friday, May 17, 2019 for ArtSpark June, Mainstage Musical, Totally Trollwood Academy, Trollwood Academy, Trollwood Conservatory; Friday, June 7, 2019 for ArtSpark July, Trollwood Players, and Totally Trollwood Musical. A $25 late fee will be assessed on all registrations received after these dates.
Registrations are entered on a first come, first served basis. Class and program sizes are limited, so sign up early to secure your spot. To register, complete the 2019 Registration Form and submit. Preliminary class schedules and program orientation materials will be mailed out to all registrants prior to appropriate program start date.
The Trollwood Performing Arts School summer session is an intense, immersion learning environment. Therefore, the following policies apply:
- All students enrolled in Totally Trollwood Academy, Trollwood Academy, Mainstage Musical, Trollwood Players and Trollwood Conservatory Sessions must attend Orientation on Wednesday, June 5, 2019. See Orientation Sheet for details.
- Students must attend each class period and each rehearsal in which they are enrolled.
- Trollwood classes and rehearsals begin promptly as stated at the dates and times indicated. Tardiness is not allowed. Report to all classes and rehearsals at the start of the period/session ready to participate.
- Do not arrive at your classroom more than 10 minutes prior to class time.
- Trollwood staff will be on site at from 8:00 am- 5:00 pm. Students in Totally Trollwood Academy, and Trollwood Academy should not be dropped off earlier than 8:00 am or picked up later than 5:00 pm unless prior arrangements have been made with the Registrar or Student Services Advisor.
- If you are registered for bus service, you should arrive at your bus stop 5 minutes early. The bus will not wait beyond the scheduled times.
- In the event of illness, please stay at home and recuperate. A parent or guardian must notify the Trollwood Registrar prior to your scheduled program daily start time. The Registrar can be reached at 218.477.6560.
- All other absences must be reported to the Registrar by a parent/guardian prior to the absence in order for it to be classified as “excused.” Please schedule all appointments (doctor, dental, etc.) at times when you are not enrolled in classes or rehearsal/construction.
- Excessive absences may warrant dismissal from Trollwood. If you have a conflict that would cause you to miss more than 3 days of classes or rehearsals, please contact the Program Coordinator to discuss options.
- Trollwood classes will be held rain or shine. On rainy days, please come to Trollwood and if you have an alternate class location it will be posted in the Main Lobby.
TROLLWOOD ACADEMY AND TOTALLY TROLLWOOD ACADEMY COURSE DROP/ADDS:
- Registrations are entered on a first come, first served basis, so you may have been assigned your second or third choice for classes if your first choice was filled at the time of registration.
- Changes in schedule can only be initiated by obtaining permission from instructors, Registrar, and Program Coordinator. Please see Registrar for information on class availability if a change is needed.
All Trollwood students taking classes receive final grades for their participation in Trollwood classes and programs as well as written evaluations, which can be valuable tools for students pursuing further study in the arts. Trollwood instructors use a universal grading system to provide the fairest form of evaluation while creating a positive learning environment. Grades are based upon the student’s individual experience level, ability and growth, and on the following criteria: attendance, participation, cooperation, respect towards peers and teachers, skill development and willingness to learn/try new things.
Students are expected to comply with standards of behavior deemed acceptable by Fargo Public Schools. No smoking, drinking, use of drugs, stealing, bullying, or profane language will be tolerated during Trollwood activities.